||I U P A C
Organizations & People
Committee On Chemistry
Title: Fifth IUPAC/UNESCO Workshop on Safety in Chemical Production
Qiao and Mike Booth
Completion Date: 2003 - project completed
Four Workshops have been sponsored in the developed countries to
help in the transmission of modern safety practices to especially less-developed
previous project for description and report (#022/16/98)
The 5th workshop will be hosted by SINOPEC Corporation, and held in
Beijing, on 20 November 2002. The Chairman, Dr J Qiao, is from Sinopec
and also COCI representative from China.
- 09h00 Welcome
- 09h05 IUPAC / COCI
Nelson Wright, Chairman of the Committee On Chemistry and Industry
- 09h20 UNESCO
- 09h30 Safety in Chemical Production Workshops
Mike Booth, Chemical & Allied Industries' Association of
- 09h45 UK Safety Management Systems- Legal Requirements
Steven Harper, UK Health & Safety Executive
- 10h45 Break
- 11h00 Safe Management of Chemicals- Responsible Care
Judy Castledine, Dow (Asia)
- 12h00 Safe Handling of Toxic Chemicals
Harry Heo, BP (Asia )
- 13h00 Lunch
- 14h00 Classification and Labelling of Hazardous Substances
- 14h30 Emergency Response Systems and Practices at BP
- 15h00 Emergency Plans and Preparedness in Chemical Production
- 15h30 Break
- Panel Discussion
> Workshop report published in Chem.
Last update: 2 July 2003
want to update this information, contact us by e-mail
Do not forget to include the Project Number,
your name and relation with that project.
Page last modified 2 July 2003.
Copyright ©1997-2003 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions or comments about IUPAC, please contact, the Secretariat.
Questions regarding the website, please contact web