25 No. 6
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
11–15 July 2004, Praque, Czech Republic
The 66th PMM—43rd Microsymposium Polymer Biomaterials: Biomimetic and Bioanalogous Systems will bring together experts from academia and industry who wish to benefit from combining the approaches of polymer chemistry, surface chemistry, and materials science, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, and medicine.
Through incorporation of biomimetic structures in synthetic polymers and their surfaces, new advanced biomaterials for biology and medicine can be developed and, vice versa, by using bioanalogous processes and biosynthetic pathways, unique polymers can be produced.
Topics of the conference will include the following:
• chemistry, physics, and biology of biomimetic structures on polymer surfaces and their interactions with biomacromolecules, cells, and components of living tissues
• molecular recognition, surface patterning, bio-functional assemblies, biosensing, and biohybrid systems
• polymer biomaterials as scaffolds for cell therapy, tissue regeneration, and tissue engineering
• synthesis, processing, functionalization, and interactions at biomaterial-cell interfaces
• bioanalogous processes in the synthesis of polymers
• development of bioanalogous polymer systems
Approximately 6 to 9 main lectures are planned, with 18 to 24 special lectures. Those participants who wish to present a special lecture will be asked to submit a brief summary with their preliminary registration card to the P. M. M. Secretariat before 31 December 2003.
Calendar for contact information
last modified 4 November 2003.
Copyright © 2002-2003 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]