26 No. 5
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
26–30 June 2005, Prague, Czech Republic
The series of Prague Meetings on Macromolecules (PMM), sponsored by IUPAC, has been held annually at the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, since 1967. The present meeting, the 67th in the series and 23rd Discussion Conference, will be an exception in the PMM series. Rather than concentrating on a particular branch of polymer science, the aim is to evaluate the present situation of various classes of polymeric materials, and consider their future development. Many aspects of science, technology, economics, and ecology will be presented and discussed in a manner that balances realistic approaches and visionary perspectives. Leading experts from research, development, and industry have been invited to deliver the main lectures, but anybody with an original contribution to offer to the subject is cordially invited to participate as well.
The following topics indicate the scope of the conference proceedings but do not limit it:
• Commodity Polymers versus Structural and Specialty Polymers
• Progress in Processing Technologie
• Microcomposites, Nanocomposites, and Ecocomposites
• Trends in Materials Research
• Multi-Scale Approach to Structure Characterization
• Controlling and Balancing Strength and Toughness
• Economic Aspects of “Green” Polymers
• Strategies for Polymer Recycling
• Promotion and Education of Polymer Materials Science
The following subjects have been selected for panel discussions:
• Polymeric Nanomaterials: Dreams and Reality.
• Presence and Future of Polyolefins: Commodity versus Special Materials
The deadline for abstracts and early registration is 31 December 2004.
See calendar for contact information
last modified 16 September 2004.
Copyright © 2003-2004 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]