Vol. 22, No. 1
on Reference Materials for Technologies in the New Millennium
21-23 May 2000
This symposium, jointly organized with EURACHEM and
other institutions, will provide an opportunity for international exchange
of information on, and experience with, reference materials (RM) between
prominent RM users and producers with a focus on materials analysis.
Sessions will be dedicated to specific topics in the following areas:
- providing RMs with traceable specifications and how to use them
to establish traceability in chemical measurement
- certification strategies
- RM types and categories, RM databases
Certification of chemical composition
- pure materials and elemental solutions
- metal matrices, ceramics, and glasses
- semiconductors and high-tech materials
Certification of physical properties
- porous materials, particle-size RMs
- chromatography-column materials
- multiphase systems
Invited lectures, as well as contributed oral and poster
presentations, will show the latest state of development in these fields.
For further information on submitting oral/poster
contributions and/or on participating in the symposium, contact Dr.
P. Klobes, Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM),
Dept. I.1, Richard-Willstaetter-Str. 11, D-12489 Berlin, Germany; E-mail:
Tel.: +49 30 6392 5825; Fax: 49 30 6392 5972.